Welcome back!

Any and all things past, present, and future
rich
Site Admin

Welcome back!

Post by rich »

Well, we lost the domain for nearly a decade, but we got it back.

Anyone still around?
Johnny

Re: Welcome back!

Post by Johnny »

I'm here old friend.
Steven

Post by Steven »

Are you the original owner of n64cc.com? I've wondered what happened to it for a while now -- I've checked the domain for years, hoping something would have changed and allowed it to become something else again.

Are you going to put up the old content? (If so, I can spider it and remove the archive boilerplate for you.)
rich
Site Admin

Post by rich »

Steven wrote:Are you the original owner of n64cc.com? I've wondered what happened to it for a while now -- I've checked the domain for years, hoping something would have changed and allowed it to become something else again.

Are you going to put up the old content? (If so, I can spider it and remove the archive boilerplate for you.)
Yup, original owner along with Bjorn. We lost the domain back in 2002 and I tried unsuccessfully a few times to get it back from whoever snatched it up (someone in Japan). Snapnames.com came through last week and it was quite a surprise.

Regarding the old content, I need to dredge that out of one of my old hard drives and host it again - for now I put up links to archive.org, but I agree it'd be nice to have a legit copy of the static site from '02 put back online. Will keep you updated.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Glad to see you cleaned up the boards Richy.
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

What's the latest N64 news?
Viper

Post by Viper »

Well well well...a literal blast blast from the past.

Any plans to open up new boards and advertise this out on social media? I'm sure you'll pull in a number of former board members. I can think of a half dozen that I know of via Facebook alone. I think your timing is right in that retro gaming has become so popular in the past few years. Not only are people breaking out older systems and playing natively (myself included) but several games are being either remastered (Legend of Zelda; Ocarina of Time 3D) or re-released via Nintendo's eShop (still no N64 games on there yet but only a matter of time).

If anyone is still reading this (I just noticed that the original posting is from November), I think you'd be surprised at the level of traffic you'd get if this were communicated out to the masses. With free advertising via Facebook, Twitter, and a dozen other social media outlets that I'm probably too old to know about or appreciate, I would imagine you wouldn't just bring in the old N64CC Message Board crowd but new gamers looking for genuine tips/tricks/cheats that don't enjoy the vast generalities that you get from IGN and the like.

-Viper
007byNight

Post by 007byNight »

Oh man... I have checked for n64cc a few times over the years. Are we still at war with nintendorks?
CD_

Post by CD_ »

What year is it!?
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Great news guys. Just spoke with Richie and he found a backup of the site from 2001. The site is coming back in all its former glory. Stay tuned! More news to come!